Interesting in investing in startups? HBAN can help
HBAN is as a trusted network for business angels, matching investors with high quality pre-screened early-stage scalable companies.
- HBAN do not charge fees* or take equity on any deal where HBAN members invest
- 15+ angel groups across the island
- 50 - 60 deals done by our members each year
- Individual investments within a syndicate starting at €20K per deal & individual direct investment starting at €50K per deal
- €280k average combined angel contribution to each round
- 60+ events per year
- Stay anonymous until you find the right company to be connected with
* Membership fees apply for some of the specialty investor syndicates and range from free to €2000 p/a
HBAN makes over 1,000 investor introductions each year, introducing investors to the vibrant start-up scene on the island of Ireland. We make these introductions based on your sector of interest through a combination of 1:1 introductions, pitching events and via our private online investment platform. Our experienced team pre-screens investment opportunities and can connect you with like-minded individuals so you can get the most out of business angel investing.
- Not sure if angel investing is for you? Here's some questions to consider
- How much are you prepared to invest?
- How much time can you commit to the process?
- Can you act as a mentor?
- Are your business experiences & skill set something that can benefit the type of companies you wish to get involved in?
- Can you accept new roles (e.g. Company Director) and incorporate them into your business life?
- How much are you willing to learn in order to become a capable Angel if you have little experience?
If you are positively disposed to these questions, then HBAN is interested in hearing from you. By registering with HBAN we can give you access to high quality pre-screened investment opportunities that fit your investment criteria.
- What is the process of becoming a member?
- Apply here
- Sign T&C’s via docusign
- Have a call or meeting with a member of the team
- Come and join us at a meeting
- You're in! You can now browse deals online & you will receive invites for upcoming meetings
- Top tips for investors
- Start the process of relationship building well ahead of when the money is needed;
- Have a realistic valuation expectation – entrepreneurs have to be incentivised;
- When considering an investment, you need to take into account any potential future funding rounds and the effect that may have on your ultimate shareholding and returns;
- Whilst there have been many successes by individual investors, participating in an angel syndicate can have significant benefits; and
- Syndicates need to be well managed to take advantage of the benefits and mitigate the pitfalls; the best syndicates use a charter