Top 10 Early Stage Investing Articles of 2015
2015 was quite a year in the world of early stage investing: lots of new startups, follow-on rounds and exits, not to mention updates on crowdfunding rules and a plethora of newly-minted unicorns. In response, we’ve heard from many thought leaders on how to find the best investments, how to work with entrepreneurs, crowdfunding, the importance of diversity, exit strategies, due diligence best practices, board directors, and more.
To put it all in perspective, the Seraf team look back on the year to bring you a compilation of the ten best pieces about early stage investing published in the last 12 months.
- Tech Startup Crowdfunding Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up To Be by Christopher Mims @ The Wall Street Journal
- Don't Forget Angels In The Equation For Saving The American Dream by Marianne Hudson @ ACA
- What I've Learned from Fred Wilson by Mark Suster
- Mentors: Clearly Commit To Mentor Or Do Not. Either Is Fine by Brad Feld
- Studies Find Angels Significantly Impact Success Of Funded Companies by Marianne Hudson @ Forbes
- What Angel Investors Value Most When Choosing What to Fund by Nicole Torres @ Harvard Business Review
- Funding Female Entrepreneurs is a Proven Job-creation Strategy by Vicki Saunders @ The Globe and Mail
- Angels and VCs: Don’t be greedy even if you can. By Dave Berkus
- Take a Look Inside The Rise of the Angel Investor An Interview with Josh Lerner by Christian Camerota @ Harvard Business Review
- Here's the Advice I Give All of Our First Time Founders by Rob Hayes @ First Round Review
This article was originally published by Seraf Investor.
Seraf provides portfolio management tools for angel investors. Seraf’s intuitive web dashboard gives angels the power to organize all of their investing activities in one online workspace and analyze performance for greater exit potential. Built by angels, exclusively for angels, Seraf puts investors in control of their portfolios and makes it easy to share with colleagues, advisors and family.