ESIL Angel investing seminar in Claremorris
Do you want to learn more about angel investing?
Do you want to meeting like-minded individuals from your region?
HBAN is committed to supporting the increase in female business angel activity on the island of Ireland and in partnership with ESIL, Enterprise Ireland, the Local Enterprise Offices in Mayo, Galway & Roscommon, West BIC, the Western Development Commission and Empower, delighted to share with you the next event in a series of events aimed to achieve this.
HBAN invites you to this free angel investing seminar and networking event aimed at increasing the number of private / angel investors regionally, particularly female investors, and provides an introduction to angel / private investing and crowdfunding.
The event will take place from 5.30 - 7.30pm on Tuesday 5th of March in the McWilliam Hotel, Claremorris, Co. Mayo.
At the event, speakers and experts will talk about their experiences of angel investing, both as investors and investees, leveraging their networks and the experience of private investment and syndicate investment groups.
- Networking and Refreshments
- Introductions John Magee, Mayo LEO / Ultan Faherty, ESIL/HBAN)
- Keynote speaker – Victoria Hernandez from ESIL on ‘Angel Investing in High Potential Enterprises, is it for you?’
- Fidelma McGuirk of Payslip - Investee's perspective on the investment process
- Company Pitches
- Close and Networking
Keynote speaker – Victoria Hernandez is an entrepreneur, Business Angel and Head of the investment committee of Rising Tide Europe. Jury Expert at the European Commission, in charge of evaluating EU proposals for the Horizon2020 funding applications. Computing Engineer, EMBA at INSEAD and a Master in Digital Marketing at Columbia Business School. Rising Tide Europe is an investment and educational program, cooperation between EBAN, GO-Beyond Investing and the Next Wave Foundation, part of a global movement to increase women’s participation in angels investing as an asset class.
The companies which will pitch on the night include:
- Xerotech: an electrification provider which design and manufacture advanced automotive grade lithium‐ion battery packs and battery management systems (BMS) for OEMs. Xerotech is also developing its first own product, an electric APU, for long‐haul trucks in North‐America using the same advanced technology. It will be debuted in Q4 2019. Their patent pending battery thermal management technology is best in class and is currently being assessed for use by Tesla in their next‐generation vehicles.
- ShowHouz: a video marketing software platform for the property and corporate sectors that enables users to quickly and easily create high-quality video content themselves, using their own smartphone. ShowHouz automatically optimizes the quality of the video footage, providing users with a structured workflow that streamlines the filming process. The video is further polished in the render process, delivering quality, branded video content in minutes.
Click on the video below to see Emma Kenny keynote speaker at the HBAN Conference speak about the Rising Tide programme and the importance of onboarding more female investors
Want to learn more? See the full recording of the first female investor masterclass hosted in Google for a flavour of how HBAN can help you.