Competitive Start Fund Graduate Entrepreneurship
Enterprise Ireland’s Competitive Start Fund for Graduate Entrepreneurs will open from 8th - 22nd March 2017.
The Competitive Start Fund (CSF) aims to support early stage start-ups. A call for applications from recent graduates and final year students active in the Manufacturing & Internationally Traded Services sectors including the following subsectors: Internet, Games, Apps, Mobile, SaaS, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Software, Lifesciences, Food, Cleantech and Industrial Products will open on Wednesday 8th March 2017 with a final closing date of 3pm on Wednesday 22nd March 2017. Late applications will not be accepted. The priority of the Fund is to provide graduate entrepreneurs with the critical early stage funding for the key commercial and technical milestones that will ensure delivery of their product or service, and help them get their project to a key funding milestone.
All applications to the fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System. The maximum support available is €50,000 for a 10% ordinary equity stake in the start-up company. This fund is open to applications from early stage companies who meet the eligibility criteria outlined below. All applications to the fund must be made via the Enterprise Ireland Online Application System. Please note that applicants may only apply for either CSF International Entrepreneurship OR CSF Graduate Entrepreneurship, not both.
Overview of the Competitive Start Fund
The purpose of the Competitive Start Fund is to accelerate the growth of start-up companies that have the capability to succeed in global markets. The fund is designed to enable those companies reach key commercial and technical milestones, for example:
- Evaluate overseas market opportunities and reach firm conclusions regarding the viability of the proposed business.
- Build a prototype.
- Secure a reference site.
- Develop a market entry plan for exploiting international opportunities.
- Secure partnership deal or strategic alliance.
- Identify suitable channels to international markets.
- Secure third party investment e.g. business angel, Venture Capital.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible to apply if you are an existing or potential client of Enterprise Ireland's High Potential Start-Up Department.
The Competitive Start Fund is open to:
- Companies who are active in the Manufacturing & Internationally Traded Services sectors including the following subsectors: Internet, Games, Apps, Mobile, SaaS, Cloud Computing, Enterprise Software, Lifesciences, Food, Cleantech and Industrial Products.
- Individuals who, prior to Enterprise Ireland's investment, will register a company which will be active in these sectors.
- Individuals who, prior to Enterprise Ireland's investment, will have a headquarters registered and be based in Ireland. All intellectual property and assets must reside in the Irish entity.
For full eligibility criteria and further programme information please visit the Enterprise Ireland website.