We're delighted to release the first video from the 2019 HBAN All-Island Conference, featuring keynote speaker Emma Kenny on the importance of female investors. Emma is an investor, adviser and mentor to early-stage businesses. She is also a deal lead in Rising Tide 3, further details of which you can find below.
HBAN is committed to supporting the increase in female business angel activity on the island and glad to announce that the Rising Tide Europe 3 programme is now accepting applications for funds starting at contributions of €10,000. This is the follow-on programme to very successful Rising Tide 1 & 2 which have had over 160 female European investors, investing in 14 companies including one Irish company, Signum Surgical, a Galway based MedTech company.
The launch of Rising Tide Europe 3 has begun: The 9 deal leaders are now confirmed, they met to discuss the investment strategy and we are beginning to source potential investment opportunities. The onboarding of registrants is in full swing. Below is some information about the programme. If you would like to participate or if you know of someone that would like to take part, please let us know!
The Rising Tide Europe 3 programme is part of a global movement to increase women’s participation in angel investing as an asset class. The programme combines training, networking and investing.The programme is a cooperation between EBAN, Go Beyond Investing and the Next Wave Foundation.
During the program you will:
- Develop a diversified portfolio of 8-12 European innovative early-stage companies over a 12 to 18 months period
- Watch, learn and participate in the investment decisions with the lead investors.
- Participate in a one-year education program with webinars, videos and in-person training on all aspects of the investment process.
- Network together and with over 200 women from 47 countries and 5 continents from the global Rising Tide Europe community.
Who is it for?
- Women who are new angel investors and want to learn through trainings and observing how the experts conduct due diligence, negotiate and manage investments - most of this will be done virtually and not require more that a 4 to 8 hours a month
- Women who have little time to pursue angel investing actively but would like to acquire a portfolio of European early stage investments.
- Women who are experienced investors and would like to become part of the leadership team of future Rising Tide Initiatives.
There are a list of upcoming information sessions below. If you would like to join one please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you the details to connect. If you have any questions in relation to the programme don’t hesitate to contact us and we will connect you directly with a member of the Rising Tide Europe team.
Upcoming Information Sessions
- Tuesday 26th February - Online Info Session