European Business Angel Network
EBAN is a non-profit association representing the interests of business angels, business angel networks (BANs) and federation of networks, seed funds and other entities involved in bridging the equity gap in Europe.
EBAN was established with the collaboration of the European Commission in 1999 by a group of pioneer BANs in Europe and EURADA (European Association of Development Agencies). HBAN is a member of EBAN.
What EBAN Do
• Represent the early stage investment market in Europe
• Carry out research on the angel market and produce facts and trends
• Identify and share best practice
• Promote the role and visibility of business angel networks and early stage funds in Europe
• Promote synergies and networking opportunities among actors in the industry
• Support the emergence of professional structures and quality standards across Europe
• Support the internationalisation of the angel and early stage industry and movement
Note: EBAN is not a direct investor in entrepreneurial companies.
• Federations of business angels networks
• Business angels networks with a transnational, national, regional and local coverage
• Early stage venture capital funds
• Other entities involved in promoting the early stage investment market in Europe
• Individual business angels
Members include individual business angel networks from European countries, regional and national federations of business angels networks, business angel networks with international focuses, early stage venture capital funds and other entities involved in promoting the early stage investment market in Europe. Together with its North American counterpart, ACA, it was a founding member of WBAA, the World Business Angels Association.
For further information on EBAN please visit the EBAN website
Global Business Angels Netwok
Global Business Angels Network (GBAN) is an initiative of the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN), the community of programs and policy initiatives now in 150 countries born out of Global Entrepreneurship Week initiated and funded by the Kauffman Foundation.
The Global Business Angels Network (GBAN) is a global community of business angel networks and organizations coordinated by the Global Entrepreneurship Network, Inc. (GEN). GBAN brings greater public awareness and engagement to the role that business angels play in helping new firms start and scale.
GBAN interfaces with entrepreneurs, policymakers, other early-stage finance actors and leading entrepreneurial support programs to strengthen the global entrepreneurial ecosystem. Whether helping local entrepreneurial ecosystems recruit more investors, expanding geographic investment arenas beyond local markets or amplifying the angel “voice” to regulatory issue discussions, GBAN seeks to provide an inclusive, supportive community of early-stage investors around the world.
Global Entrepreneurship Network is a year-round platform of programs and initiatives created by the communities that celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) each November. Aimed at creating one global entrepreneurial ecosystem, GEN helps people in 150 countries unleash their ideas and turn them into promising new ventures—creating jobs, unearthing innovations for society and strengthening economic stability around the world. For details on the programs and initiatives that make up GEN, visit weareGEN.co.
For more information please visit the GBAN website