With the new year comes new opportunities.
HBAN is committed to supporting the increase in female business angel activity on the island and glad to announce that the Rising Tide Europe 2 programme is now accepting applications for funds starting at contributions of €10,000. This is the follow-on programme to very successful Rising Tide 1 that had 99 female European investors, investing in 10 companies including one Irish company, Signum Surgical, a Galway based MedTech company.
The Rising Tide Europe 2 programme is part of a global movement to increase women’s participation in angel investing as an asset class. The programme combines training, networking and investing.
3 HBAN members participated in Rising Tide Europe 1 (see feedback below from one of the participants).
"The rising tide process is very inclusive and the due diligence is really quite interesting. The portfolio is spread to mitigate against major losses. The feedback on the investments is in written reports and spreadsheets and via your account you can monitor your investment activity. It is recommended if you are not looking for timelines on the return of your investment."
The programme is a cooperation between EBAN, Go Beyond Investing and the Rising Tide Foundation, and will gather women to put together €2 - 5M for Early Stage Investments with individuals investing between €10k - €100k each.
During the program you will:
- Develop a diversified portfolio of 6-12 European early stage companies.
- Watch, learn and participate in the investment decisions of the 9 lead investors.
- Participate in a one year education programme with webinars, videos and in-person training on all aspects of the investment process
- Network together and with our colleagues who have launched the Rising Tide US programme.
Who is it for?
- women who are new angel investors and want to learn through trainings and observing how the experts conduct due diligence, negotiate and manage investments - most of this will be done virtually and not require more than 4 to 8 hours a month
- women who have little time to pursue angel investing actively but would like to acquire a portfolio of European early stage investments.
- women who are experienced investors and would like to become part of the leadership team of future Rising Tide Initiatives.
If you would like to participate or know someone who might please email email@example.com we will connect you directly with a member of the Rising Tide Europe team.